NEW TO BIKRAM YOGA ?
- Hydrate Drink water more than your normal intake for a day. Avoid drinking coffee or anything with caffeine, as this will dehydrate you.
- Avoid heavy meal 2 to 3 hours prior to class.But don’t come hungry. You can eat very light snack like crackers or fruit.
- Arrive early. We suggest you come 20 or 15 minutes earlier. First timers are required to register and fill in forms in the studio.
- Wear comfortable, light, form fitting clothes. (cropped tights, shorts, tank tops, sports bras)
- Bring water inside the class. Bottled waters are available for purchase in the studio. Mats are also available for rent or for purchase.
- We provide 1 complimentary towel.
- Do not sit in front row if you’re new. Bikram yoga teachers leads the class through dialogue, postures are learned by listening and looking to other practitioners for guidance.
- Avoid talking or making noise inside the class.
- Listen to your body. Don’t push too hard. You can take a break if you need to.
- Stay in the room. This will help your body to adapt and adjust to the temperature of the hot room.
After the Class
- Cool down.
- Re hydrate. Drink plenty of water or any drink with electrolyte or coconut water to replenish.
- Eat healthy food.
- Come back the following day, even if you’re sore.